Can an Occupational Therapist Assistant certified to work in California also work in Texas?

I’m considering going to school here in California to become on OTA. However, I am originally from Texas and will be moving back home in two years. I was wondering if I can work in Texas as an OTA who is certified in California, or will I have to take the exam in Texas to be certified to work there. -OR- Will I have to go back to school in Texas to work as an OTA? I know LPN’s or LVN’s can work in different states with a Texas License and I was wondering if it’s the same for an OTA, even though they work in different areas of the medical field.

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.

Powered by Campus Explorer


  1. You wil need to be certified in Texas. Some states have reciprocity. Check that out./