Taking nursing exam in NY but would like to work in SC?

Im studying for the LPN exam in NY, but i want to work in SC. What type of program or tests would i have to take to become licensed in SC.

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.

Powered by Campus Explorer


  1. Swabbie says:

    Look at the boards of nursing in both NY and SC and see if they will reciprocate license from one state to another.

  2. You will have to take your national licensure exam (NCLEX). When you move to SC you simply apply for a state license. The state will check to make sure you passed your national exam and perform a background check before giving you a license. Some states have a reciprocity agreement called multi-state or compact licensure. If NY is one of those states you can apply for the NY license and use your NY license when you move to SC. However, states prefer you get their license if you plan on becoming a permanent resident.